- This event has passed.
September 1, 2016 @ 10:00 - 12:30
A loss and grief peer-group education programme to support adults who are affected by change, loss and grief. Exploring Change provides the opportunity for participants to meet with a small group of others in a relaxed setting to share their knowledge, skills and attitudes in understanding and coping with change, loss and grief.
The focus is peer support.
- Supports people to understand and manage issues they experience because of the loss death, separation or divorce
- Assist people to understand that the reactions associated with losses are normal
- Educates about the grief process
- Develops skills for coping, problem solving and decision making
- Builds a peer support network
- Helps restore self-confidence and self-esteem
East Renfrewshire Carers’ Centre will be facilitating this programme as follows:
1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th September 2016 from 10am – 12.30pm
If you would like any further information regarding the programme please contact Nicola Kennedy at 0141 577 3852 or email Nicola@eastrenfrewshirecarers.co.uk
*NOTE THAT DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE PROGRAMME NUMBERS ARE LIMITED
*EXPLORING CHANGE IS NOT A COUNSELLING SERVICE AND IS FACILITATED BY A STAFF MEMBER WHO’S
ROLE IS TO GUIDE PARTICIPANTS THROUGH THE PROGRAMME
Scottish Charity No: SC033142