New funding now available
- at times when they are most in need
- are unable to access funding from alternative sources
How much can be applied for?
The maximum grant is unlikely to exceed £400, exceptional circumstances may be considered and endorsement of Money Advice & Rights Team will be needed. Grants are payable only to the named individual specified on this application
Who can apply?
- Individual applicants identified to and registered with the Carers Centre as an unpaid carer
- Carers of all ages and categories (Young Adult Carers, Young Carers, Parent Carers, etc)
- Carers who live in East Renfrewshire
- Applicants must be a current carer
- Only 1 application per household
Applications will be passed to East Renfrewshire Council’s Money Advice and Rights Team (MART) for a brief financial assessment and to ensure carers are receiving all eligible benefits and income is maximised. Once reviewed, the MART Team will pass the grant application to the Carers Centre for processing.
The fund will be paid via bank transfer to named individual only. In some circumstances payment may be made in vouchers.
The carer’s co-operation with the worker is imperative in ensuring qualifying for this fund. The decision for granting an award will be made by the representative of East Renfrewshire Carers Centre.
Bank details will be requested at the time of approval of the application and we will process payment within 5 days of approval in most cases.
East Renfrewshire Carers Centre will make every effort to award all applications in accordance with their criteria. These can be changed without notice at any time.
- Travel or costs of transportation – e.g. hospital visits
- Food and such supplies
- Replacement or renew of broken goods – e.g. carpets, white goods, garden fences
- Fuel bills
- Warm winter clothing
- Equipment or aids
- Provision of services – e.g. cleaning, gardening, laundrette
- Outstanding bills
- Accumulated costs
- Accrued debt
- Personal technology – e.g. laptops or tablets
Apply now or contact us to find out more
You can call us on 0141 638 4888 between 08:45 until 16:45 Monday through Thursday and from 08:45 until 15:55 on Fridays. You can also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.