Who is a young carer?
A Young Carer is a young person aged between 8-18, who looks after or helps to look after someone at home who is affected by:
- Learning / Physical Disability
- Physical / Mental Ill Health
- Drug / Alcohol Misuse
- A relative who is elderly or frail
What do young carers do?
Young Carers may help with any of these:
- Looking after Brothers / Sisters
- Giving Medicine
- Shopping / Housework
- Bathing / Toileting
- Listening to worries
How can we help?
We can help by providing support:
- Information + Advice
- 1 to 1 Support
- A break from your caring role
- Groupwork / Activities
- Someone to listen to your problems