In collaboration with the Health and Social Care Partnership the East Renfrewshire Carers Card has been developed for unpaid carers over the age of 18 who are known to the East Renfrewshire Carers Centre and who provide substantial care to the person(s) they care for.
It was developed with the intention of making Carers more easily identifiable by all professionals, enabling them to voice their views and ideas and participate in care planning discussions.
The Card will be part of a scheme that will support local businesses such as cafes, hairdressers and shops to offer discounts and concessions to carers.
The East Renfrewshire Carers Card will help to ensure that all Professionals:
- Recognise Carers
- Listen to the views of Carers
- Involve Carers as equal partners in care
- You must be registered with the East Renfrewshire Carers Centre to apply. If you are not registered, please click here.
- The card will show your name, photograph, expiry date, registration number, and contact details for East Renfrewshire Carers Centre.
- If more than one person is caring for the same person, you can each register and request separate cards.
- If you have lost or misplaced your Carer Card, please contact the East Renfrewshire Carers Centre on 0141 638 4888 and a replacement card can be issued.
- East Renfrewshire Carers Centre cannot and will not provide any personal information regarding Carer Card holders to Carer Card Scheme Providers without your explicit consent to do so. Any such request must be made to us in writing.
List of services with concessions and discounts available:
- MD Beauty, 196 Ayr Road, Newton Mearns – 20% off all massages
- Slate Hairdressing, 2A Mill Road, Barrhead – Concessionary rates available
- Scotts Stores Hardware Shop, 44 Main Street, Barrhead – first free stamp given on Scotts loyalty card on presentation of carers card. After 5 stamps have been given a 10% discount is applied, then a new card can be started.
- Uplawmoor Hotel, 66 Neilston Road – Offer of discount on lunch menu 12-4pm Monday-Thursday
- Athena Therapies, Caledonia House, Evanton Dr – 1 hour session £48 reduced to £35, 30 minute session reduced from £28 to £20
- East Renfrewshire Culture & Leisure- Concession rates for all services including monthly membership
- McG’s Barber Shop, 113 Orchard Park Avenue – 10% discount
- Elegance Beauty Salon, The Avenue – 10% off products in store
- Consoles and Gadgets mobile phone shop, The Avenue – 10% off
- Paper Kisses Gift Shop, The Avenue – 10% off
- Sasswear clothes, The Avenue – 10% off
- The Diner restaurant, The Avenue – 10% off
- Little VIP’s Baby clothes, The Avenue – 10% off